Help support this site and keep it ad free.

Site Activity

Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 63days ago0 Replies
 136days ago0 Replies

Get Shinys - Support the guild

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BrothersOfDestruction Forum Index -> General class information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mzknight
Guild Officer

re: Crowd Control

envy
Reidel1531

re: Mage Sheep Macro

Ha HA replying to my own topic. Ok so in Wrath as a Mage it got to the point where i didn't have to sheep the mobs any more because they were a joke. But here in Cataclysm, OMG it was time to dig out and brush off the good ole sheep macro. I have been using this macro for over 3 years now and I love it. All you have to do is copy and paste. i think it will work for Druids and there Root and shamans and there hex. Here it is

/focus [target=focus,noexists]; [target=focus,dead]
/clearfocus [target=focus,help]
/stopcasting
/cast [target=focus,exists,harm] Polymorph (Black Cat)

so what exactly does this Macro do? well lets say you have to sheep a certain mob and then dps another one. well you pick you target lets say 50 yrds away. use the tooltip you have assigned to this macro ( just to be sure you don't actually sheep untill your supposed to) the macro will set your target as the focus. now when you are told to sheep, by all means sheep. you can then target the tanks target and burn him down now while you are DPS'ing you main target you see the you sheep is about to wear off, you think crap i am going to have to tab target that tiny little black cat which is hiding in the shadow's on the black ground ( dam near impossible) nope with this macro all you have to do is re- sheep you can even have you back to the target and it will be sheeped. the only draw back is once you have your target set the only way to change targest is to clear focus or kill it. i now at the end you can see i have Polymorph(Black Cat) (to insert you specific spell just shift click on the spell right after the last bracket ]"shift click spell here" If you just Click the standard polymorph spell your glyphed form (monkey penguin) with be the form poly'd into. Since it is not pvp you could sit there and re sheep all day if you wanted to .so if you have any questions concerning this macro just ask.
Reidel1531

re: Crowd Control

now on to my next topic Crowd Control aka CC. so what is the purpose of CC. to make the pull easier on the party. less mobs means less overall damage that the healers have to worry about. For those that run with me in heroics I will ask if i don't know what are your CC capabilities. I know that Mage's can poly, Shaman's can Hex, Druids can root, Hunters can sleep or trap, Priest can shackle undead. ( so far i don't know of any undead mobs) I will set moon as sheep triangle as hex square as hunter cc. Also Rye pointed out that even if we are in a normal dungeon we should practice CC and LOS pulls. so What is LOS (Line of sight) the purpose of line of sight. mainly its to get the caster to come to you if they can not see the tank but they can see some one else in the party, well they are going to attack you. So when a tank says he is going to LOS please get completely behind him and only when all the mobs (if possible) are in one spot then spread out. CC pulling. As a Mage I loved to sheep pull. As a tank i find that sheep, or Hex puling is great. If you run with me i will ask you to do such things ( for the mages i will post a copy of my sheep macro that i feel is a must for any Mage) So what should you do if you are asked to CC pull with me as a tank? well i will have the 2 closest mobs marked with the proper CC raid icons. all you need to do is stand right next to me. As soon as i see you sheep i will drop consecration ( Please don't run away) as soon as the mobs hit the consecration they will forget about you and attack me. So now we only have 2 mobs to deal with which is much easier to deal with. thank you for your time now if any one would like to respond with your class and your CC capabilities, that would be great
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BrothersOfDestruction Forum Index -> General class information All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: